What is the Role?
We are recruiting for a Senior Ecologist to help us grow and develop the business. The successful candidate will work closely with us and other colleagues, taking a leading role on delivering project work as well as assisting with securing new contracts and business development. The role will include undertaking a range of habitat and species surveys (field work) as well as report writing, preparing tenders, liaising with clients and providing support to others in the team.
Although much of our time is spent on fieldwork, you will be primarily home-based when not on client sites. We frequently work away from home and take part in surveys outside typical working hours (i.e., nocturnal or early morning work) when required. Our work can be anywhere in the UK, but tends to largely be in the southern part of England (i.e. focussed in the area from South Wales and the south-west across the south and south-east and into eastern England and the south midlands). For practical reasons, candidates would need to be based within our primary catchment, ideally no more than an hour from our main bases in Hampshire or Buckinghamshire.
Your Skills and Experience?
- A degree in Ecology (or related subject) or other appropriate experience.
- A full UK driving licence and own vehicle
- The right to work in the UK
- CIEEM member
- The desire to work with us in developing the business.
- Experience of protected species survey, habitat assessment, species licencing and report / document writing.
- Experience of speaking with clients and other individuals outside the business in relation to project progress.
- Experience with tender writing/costing or assisting with the tendering process.
- Experience of staff/team management
- First Aid at Work certificate
- Protected Species Licence holder
What Can We Offer You?
If you’re still reading, then we might be the right match for you. We are currently offering a full-time position, although we are happy to consider flexible working hours or a part-time position if appropriate to the requirements of the role. At Austin Foot Ecology we offer the following:
- Competitive salary
- Full time hours (flexible working / part-time hours can be considered as appropriate)
- Home-based working
- A flexible and varied working pattern
- Supportive management team
- Development and training opportunities
Austin Foot Ecology is an equal opportunities employer, and we are committed to improving the diversity of our workforce. We encourage candidates from all minority groups and will consider your application regardless of age, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, disability, marital status, pregnancy, or socio-economic background.
If you don’t meet all of the key requirements for this role, but you’d really like to be a part of the team why not drop us an email to establish whether or not we can support your application with any reasonable adjustments.
Get in Touch
If you would like to apply or hear more about this position please contact Ed Austin on email@example.com (07958 343640) or Steve Foot on firstname.lastname@example.org (07951 605744)